Sunday, September 28, 2014

Muddy Shoes

Hola, Well another week has passed. Im sure you are all waiting to hear what has happened. I really dont have much to tell you this week so sorry if the letter is short. So last monday we went to the office so that my comp could have her interview with presidente spjut. She has the interview with him and everything and still wanted to go..so she called her stake president and he is the one who got her to stay for atleast 2 more weeks. Last monday I was able to talk a lot with Presidente Spjut and Hermana Spjut when we were in the office. Presidente spjut told me that he felt like she had already made up her mind basically. But then when her stake president got her to stay he just told me that we will see what happens. So then we had this week and I knew it would be hard but I was trying to do my best. President told me to try and be really fun for her...and the thing is is the fun part of the mission is the missionary work. If you dont like visiting the people and doing the work then I dont know how to make it more fun. In all my time with my comp I have tried to visit the members to help encourage her (especially the members who are returned missionaries because they always tell great stories) but the thing is she just doesnt like the work so there isnt much I can do. Anyways then tuesday turns out we got sick. haha yep my third time having parasites. (but dont worry it hasnt been that bad this time with the medicine and Ive already finished taking the medicine). But that really didnt hel p my comp because she was sick too. I was just thinking really does this have to happen? Im trying to help her like the mission and getting sick wasnt going to help anything. So then during the week I was trying to encourage her to feel more at home (for example unpack a little or put some pictures or quotes up on the wall) or something to help her feel a little better and she basically told me she already had her mind made up and that she was just waiting for the two weeks like she told her stake president. The hermana leaders also came and visited with her to encourage her...but after i asked if what they said helped and she said she could listen to them...but no. So yeah saturday night she called president and told him she didnt want to wait another week more...so today after we write we are going again to the office to talk to him. Im almost positive she is going home. So yeah its been an interesting week. Ill be honest I have felt really alone. Not in like Im depressed way...but its just so hard when you are the only one who actually has their mind working in the area. But God has really given me small miracles and most of all I know He knows what Im going through and I know that He knows the desire of my heart is to help the people. So yeah I have no idea what is going to happen to me or my area or what not but I know that all will work out well. A part from all of that I wanted to share some funny/good things that happened this week. So first on tuesday I had to go to san salvador for my ID renovation and I got to go with Hermana Garbett and Hermana Murray (they both came with me to the mission at the same time). It was great to be with them. I love the hermanas i came with and its so weird to think that it was like a year ago when I went the first time to san salvador and I saw hermana garbett and was so happy to see her ( i dont know if you remember that but it was the first time i saw her here in the field). The time is just going by SO fast. It scares me to be honest. During the week we had a visit from Elder Ochoa and it was a great mutlizona. I really felt the spirit strongly and he helped us to understand that we have to find the people prepared and chosen who are ready. THat we have to have the faith to drop the people that arent prepared and the God will help us find those who are ready. The REALLY funny thing though...is this day was important so everyone wanted to look their best for Elder Ochoa....and guess who forgot their nametag. Yep me. First time in my whole misson and i forgot my name tag. My whole zone was making fun of me for it but it was pretty funny. But honestly it was the worst. I felt so empty without it and I didnt want to make any comments during the conference because i didnt feel worthy without my nametag hahaha. no but its a funny moment and i was the joke of our whole zone. Also yesterday it rained a little and after church and our meetings with the bishop we headed out with a member to contact a referral. I didnt now where his friend lived but it was SO far. We went to a part of our area I had never been to and we were walking through jungle and the road was pure mud. My shoes were caked and my legs were so dirty after haha. But the family that he took us to received us very well. I dont know if they will be super super positive because they live so far away from the church...but they dont attend a church and they seem like a really unified family. And they have never talked with the missionaries. So at least we can plant a seed and I hope we can help them. That was really a small miracle for me yesterday. But i was said i didnt have my camera yesterday in my backpack because really it was complete jungle style and there were several times i got stuck in the mud haha. Anyways thats basically all. I hope you all know that I really love the mission. It is the best thing that has happened to me in my life. As Ive been trying to help my comp I have realized how much love i have for these people. It is incredible. The people here that I love honestly are people I never would have imagined myself talking to before. It really is amazing to see how we can love people like Christ loved. There is no exception of people and every person needs this gospel. Thanks for your emails. I love hearing from all of you. Im so glad that everything is going well at home. Our family really has always been blessed...but I know its because of our obedience to the commandments and our faithfulness to this gospel. Love you all and ill let you know next week what happens Hermana Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment