Monday, October 28, 2013

Gracias por all of the birthday wishes from all friends and family!! I wish I had time to write to all of you but I dont, but know that I really appreciate it! The beginning of this letter might be kind of random, but im just gonna try and answer some of your questions. This week seriously flew by. I can´t believe Im already on my 5th week here in el salvador. Two more weeks and we have cambios, but I dont think that I will be changing or my companion. A little more about my companion since you asked. Hermana Estevez is from Honduras and she has been out for 5 months. She loves to joke around and laugh.. like all the time! She learned english in school so she can communicate pretty well with me. Her mom died when she was like 7, which makes me think a lot about you mom, but she is super super strong. The area I am in dad is in Ahuachapan and the ward is Espino. I think if you look up on LDS.org you can find ward boundaries or atleast the chapels. our area is by the Col. Ivu. Our chapel is Capilla frente de Ivu. One of the main streets is Col. Pacifico.... if that helps a lot. I dont know it is super hard here with addresses...cause there are just tons of small pasajes. I love my district and my zone! The people in my district are DL Elder Ibazeta (peru), Elder Bausserman (Ohio), and then me and hermana estevez, and then Hermana Harris (Utah), Hermana Hunter (Arizona) she came at the same time I did, and then Hermana Herrera (argentina). I love seeing them. We don´t have cellphones, only the zone leaders, but the phones at night sometime we get to talk, but we run into each other all the time. Ah...im trying to remember your questions... Surprisingly dad there hasnt really been anything for halloween or dia del muertos or whatever yet...so i dont know if they dont do that here or what. So this week. First off can I talk about food for a second? my favorite thing in the world after pupusas is chocobananas. they are great. Im addicted. haha. But also this week I had pizza and hamburgers and can i just say they were better than anything ive ever had in the states. So there is that. Also I actually had crab on saturday at the familia trejos house! haha. It wasnt the best though...because the crabs were so small that I could barely get anything to eat out of them, but it was still good to think of you guys and it was funny we had that so close to my birthday. This week we had our multizona reunion at the mission office on thursday. It was great! It was basically all day with two other zones. I didnt really see any of my other friends other than those in our zone, but it was still great. That was the first time I had seen president cordon since the first day. That night we also had the baptism of Kevin! Kevins uncle Hermano Marvin Orellana baptized him, which is pretty cool because Hermano Orellana is one of Presidente Cordons converts. It was so neat to know how clean he was when he came up out of the waters. We visit with him a lot and since he is a joven we really want to help him stay active and stay with good friends. Him and his cousins are hilarious though. We are always joking around with them. So yeah, first baptism was pretty exciting! Also tomorrow Alba Alvarez is getting baptized! I am very excited for her baptism. I feel like I actually got to teach her a little more than kevin. She has had many missionaries come to her over the years, but she never really accepted the lessons or progressed. It really made my day the other day when we were at her house and she asked if we had a camera because she wanted a picture with us so she could remember us. Obviously we are going to get pictures with her at her baptism and stuff, but that really made my day to know that she wants to remember me. Her son is a member but inactive. Her husband isnt a member and he said he was going to come to church this last sunday, but he didnt. But he said for sure he is coming to her baptism this week and then church this sunday. We hope that eventually he can get baptized too. And then hopefully in a year they can go to the temple. Alba is going to be a great member. She had problems accepting baptisms for the dead at first, but we are hoping she can get involved in family history work. Ill send more pictures next week of her baptism. The next investigators or the Lopez family. I talked a little about them. Katherine (like 16) is a recent convert (she had been going to another ward) but we have been talking with her all the time. And then the mom is totally inactive. And then Dalia (like 21 or 22) is who we are mostly teaching, and then the also have a younger sister karen who is like 10. The dad lives in US and is a member. Anyways they are awesome. Yesterday for my birthday they surprised me with pupusas for dinner! We didnt get to spend a ton of time with them because we had other appointments, but it made me feel really great. I have pictures Im sending of us with Dalia and Katherine. I realized this week just how much I really do love the members and investigators. Sometimes its hard to feel if the people here really do love you or not, because I cant really understand always and I dont talk as much as I would like to, but everytime we are in the house of our investigators or members I feel comfortable. In the streets I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes or out of place, but in the house of members and investigators there are no worries. Im really grateful for the people here. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here serving in El Salvador. I know that sometimes its hard, but I literally owe everything I have to this gospel. Im so thankful that I was able to grow up in the gospel in a strong family. I know without a doubt that God has a plan for all of us and the Jesus Christ is my Savior. I am forever grateful for his atonement in my life and I only hope that I can help to share it with the people here. Im sorry I dont have time to write very personal emails to all of you, but know that I think about you all every day. Dad I always think of you with my spanish and your strong testimony and knowledge of the gospel. Mom I hope all is going well for school and that you are enjoying your students. Ryan and Courtney please give big hugs and kisses to Adelyn! Thanks for the pictures. And Janelle and Colby I hope all goes well for you in applying for schools, Im praying for you that things will go well. Janelle I loved your email about laughing at Colby. Love you all so much! Hermana Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment