Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hola familia! Well second week here has come and gone and its been a roller coaster. Few random things to start off though. When I come home I am probably going to eat everything with my hands so be aware. Also I probably am going to sing horrible. Everyone here sings the hymns all the time, in every lesson and every member has their own personal hymn book. But the members often dont actually know the tune, but bless their hearts they sing with all their might. But it makes me feel better singing because I used to never sing alone...but I wouldnt mind here because my tune is probably much better haha. Bugs....so we have lots of big ants in our apartment but im pretty used to them. So the deal with mosquitos is we have to wear OFF 24/7. there is a disease called dengue fever and if you get it you can be hospitalized. If a missionary gets it twice they send them home and then reassign them to the states once they recover. So just pray I dont get that. I dont have a mosquito net...and we havent done anything specific with our sheets buts im still figuring things out. I dont really notice the bugs biting me probably cause it is so hot...but then later I notice when the bites itch. The area I am in is probably like Springville style town El Salvadorian style. I have been in Santa Ana (we traveled there last week because my companion was a little sick) and it is like the city. But then also later this week we worked a little in another area because Hermana Herrera went home so we worked with her companion for a few days and we worked in both our area and her area. her area is definitely more country/jungle area. My area though has paved streets on the big streets, and lots of cobblestone streets, and then some dirt streets. There are some city areas and some not. One thing is it is always noisy here. Mom when you think the buses are annoying in the morning out on the street just be glad you dont have people yelling "LECHE" or "PAN" and honking little horns selling stuff at 6 in the morning. haha. I havent been sick at all yet since I have been here so that is good. Especially cause my companion has had a cold and stuff..but i havent gotten sick. Im staying healthy and hopefully it stays that way. We eat at the Trejo Families house. That is our ward mission leader. I literally could not be more thankful for anyone here. They are so kind and I feel so loved and relaxed in their house. Hno Tejo served in Honduras and he actually knows TJ Beach. I am loving the food. OH and i literally could live off of pupusas for the rest of my life and be completely happy. I rejoice everytime we get to eat them. We havent had much success here. I didnt realize how many people would be so religious here. There are a lot of evangelic churches here and catholics too. Other than conference, Herman Estevez said she hasnt had an investigator at church since august i think.. So its hard. I feel like if we had success I would feel better, but we keep working hard. We were hoping for a baptismal date with Alba Alvarez...but she wouldnt commit to a date because she wants to be completely sure before she commits to a date or something...but we will keep working. In all honestly I have really struggled this week. A lot. Ive been quite homesick so I would appreciate prayers that I can focus and not feel homesick. I feel completely inadequate in everything. I have realized this week that I have a strong testimony of this gospel, but I dont really know how to teach it. In the CCM in mexico they didnt do much to teach us HOW to teach the gospel, they just told us to teach. So I feel really inadequate in my teaching. I feel really inadequate in my spanish. I feel really inadequate in everything. Its honestly hard because we have to be happy all day long because we have to show how the gospel can make you so happy. But honestly its hard to hold in tears as we walk around sometimes. Or especially in the morning I really struggling with homesickness. But im just taking it one day at a time. I know that it will come. But it is hard to see the big picture right now. So I would appreciate some words of advice next week or something uplifting. Sorry this email was kind of short and random. I might try and add some pictures if I can. If you have questions for me put them all at the beginning of your email. Cause as I read I forget if you ask my questions in the middle of the paragraph. I will be looking forward to the package. I have heard it can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks to get here. but i dont know how you sent it. I dont care when it comes, ill be looking forward to it. I love you so much and I am so thankful for your prayers. Im sad I didnt get an email from colby today. I love you all so much. Hermana Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment