Sunday, November 24, 2013

My First Parasite!


Well family it has been a whirlwind of a week. I wish I could tell you its been a good week, but its been quite difficult to be honest. This week will be better though.

First off I didnt have cambios. Im still here in the area of Espino and Im still with Hna Estevez. The only change is our zone split. So now instead of being in the zone Ahuachapan, Im now in the zone Gloria. The next cambio is only 4 weeks. so it is going to fly by.

At the beginning of the week I was just feeling super tired and weak and i didnt know why. This was the first week that I didnt have a huge motivation to work hard and I didnt know why. My stomach kind of felt a little weird, but nothing terrible. But my companion told me i probably have a parasite. I didnt believe her though cause it wasnt anything terrible, but we went to the doctor and had examens and yes i have a parasite. Ive been taking medicine so hopefully that takes care of everything. Its just been made tired and ive felt like i couldnt work like i wanted to.
Afterwards though at the end of the week ive been feeling a lot of anxiety. I think being sick from the parasite just made me really stressed and now ive just been struggling with anxiety. I received a blessing from Hno Trejo and that helped a lot. I understood the whole blessing it it was definitely what I needed. I still feel anxiety and im still struggling though. I know that Christ knows how I feel though, and I know that through him and his atonement I can receive strength.

So yeah this week has been kind of tough. Anyways we didnt really find new investigators this week cause it was a rough week. But weve been working with our investigators from last week. We have a baptismal date for an 8 year old dayana. We we were hoping her mom would be baptized too, but she says that she is not interested right now. they are related to the bishop so the girl has a lot of support in the church. Dayana is always smiling and she loved learning and she is excited to be baptized and go to church.
We have some other investigators too, but I dont really have time to write today.
Weve still been visiting with Alba. It was fun to make pupupsas at her house this week. Her son was baptized a few years back and he is inactive now, but he was visiting with us the other day and hopefully we can get him to come back too. Her husband is always away from home working. He was there when we were making pupusas but he was gone the rest of the week and on sunday. So it is kind of hard to work with him, but hopefully we can continue to talk with them.

This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon. I think this is my third time in my life personally reading it. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I know that every word in it is true. Im seriously so grateful for it in my life and the guidance I can receive from the scriptures. Now im starting to study the new testament and hopefully i can start reading jesus the christ.

I really didnt get much time to write today but I will write more next week. I know this week will be better. I love you all and thank you so much for your prayers. Im grateful for the opportunity to be out here.

Love,
Hermana Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment