Monday, May 12, 2014

Moved to Atiquizaya

Hola familia, Welp i had cambios...and after 7 months ive left El Espino Ahuachapán. I can´t belive it. To be completely honest i cant even describe how much i miss El Espino. I knew it would be hard to leave, but i didnt know it would be that hard. We received the call tuesday morning and it wasnt that big of a suprise but wow....really leaving el espino. I didnt really know how to feel, because i really wanted to leave but at the same time no. Anyways so tuesday was pretty crazy, running around all day trying to make it to our appointments that we had while at the same time trying to say goodbye to a bunch of people. Its safe to say that i basically spent all of tuesday crying. I can´t even explain how much i love those people, especially the members. Especially familia trejo and familia Orellana. They literally are my family. They will always be in my heart and i cant explain the special moments i have had with both of their families. I will forever be grateful for the love of those two families. They were the last people we talked to on Tuesday night. I left familia Orellana a promise written on the back of one of their picture frames that i will return to visit them...en December of 2015...so yah ill have to start saving money when i get home. But yeah really the best way i can explain it is i feel like my first two weeks in the mission when i felt a little homesick. I literally am homesick for the people in El Espino. I wake up in the mornings thinking about them, its really crazy how much i love those people...but i know that it is part of the mission. Also i talked with hermana Mayorga and apparently they are going to have like 4 baptisms in this month in El Espino. There are two jóvenes who were waiting for permiso all of my time in el espino and finally they are going to be baptized, and also sonya has a date for baptism, and then this other reference from one of the members who we were teaching. So yeah im sad i wont be there, but im really happy for those people and im happy that i left espino better than i found it. BUT anyways no worries because im in a great área and i have an amazing companion! I am now in El Angel 2 in Atiquizaya. Atiquizaya is actually really close to ahuachapan so im not too far. But my área is super grande! ahh i dont know how im every going to learn it. El Espino wasnt too small, but definitely smaller than this área. Also el espino was a little more organized with directions...had more of a grid system in some of the áreas....but this área is a lot more campo. I have a little bit of área in the city but its a lot more in the field. So that will be crazy and fun. Ive already noticed that the people are more receptive in this área. In espino we got rejected A LOT, but here that people seem to be a little more receptive so thats great. Also their are six missionaries in total in this Ward/área. Me and my comp, another pair of sisters, and a pair of elders. So that is different too, because before it was just me and my comp in the Ward. But the Ward seems to be more organized. We have a really nice chapel and i feel like i like the Ward. ALSO i played the piano in church on sunday. i guess no one in the Ward plays so i played...but it was horrible hahaha. i havent really played hardly at all in 9 months....so it will be good so i can practice more. We dont have a ton of investigators...so we are going to have to work to find some more people...but we will have a baptism at the end of the month of a 12 year old girl, and also Manuel who is super interested. I feel like for sure we can help him be baptized but im really excited to work with him. He is a reference of some recent converts here in this Ward. My comp is super super awesome. Im super excited to be with her. Her name is Hermana Flores and she is from Guatemala. She only has 3 months in the mission and she just finished her training but she is a super excelent missionary! She Works super hard and she is super funny and friendly. One of the missionaries that came with me was her trainer and she taught her really well. So yeah im really excited to be with her. She has been a member all her life and she has 9 siblings! haha. She is 21 years old too. Also something interesting is we live in a house with 2 other sisters so its really fun and im really excited for that! We live with hermana moris (from california) and Hermana cisnero (panamá). OUr house is super big and ill send you pics of the área and the house and more with my comp and everything next week. Oh also Elder thorpe from springville is in my zone so i see him during the week. Also there are a few missionaries who came at the same time as me in my zone so thats fun. Anyways i dont have a lot more to say. Sorry if there arent a lot of details, but we can talk lots on sunday! Im excited to skype....i cant belive its already time to talk again, i felt like yesterday was christmas! Let me know if you have any specific questions. I love you all so so so so much and im so grateful for your support and your prayers. I love the mission and im so glad to be here in El Salvador.. ....oh yeah i forgot to say...that HERE COMES THE RAIN.....oficially has started raining so im ready to use the rain jacket you sent. I like the rain a lot more than the heat. AND I SAW FIREFLIES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK..... so that was pretty cool anyways love you all! Congrats ryan for graduating! Hermana Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment