Sunday, February 8, 2015

Blessed

Hola Familia, The weeks just go by so so quickly. I dont even know what to do. We have had a good week other than the fact that I have a little cold. I have had some really special experiences this week that are moments that I will remember forever. It is amazing how much one can learn in just one week. Ill give you a little update about the investigators and everything that is going on in the area. Adan really is such a golden investigator. We had some special moments teaching him this week. He is still on track to be baptized February 14th. This week we taught him about the plan of salvation and he really liked talking about his purpose that he has in this life. He is like 62 i think and he always is joking that he is going to live atleast for 50 more years because God has a plan for him haha. But after the lesson we asked him if he had any questions about what we had taught and he said no but he was like "well i dont have a question about this.....but well the other night i had a dream and i dont know...in my dream Hna Timoteo was hear teaching and reading the bible with me, but hna groneman you werent there....i dont know....why wouldnt you be there?" ....me and hermana timoteo just looked at each other and i definitely started to tear up and then i continued to tell him that im finishing the mission in a few weeks and we explained to him that missionaries will always be here to support him and everything, but as we told him that he started crying too. It was a really touching moment and hard to realize im going to have to leave people. But after when we were leaving he was like "but these are happy tears because i know that you have helped me in my life". the whole experience was something to remember. Also he has been doing good stopping to drink coffee :) thats been the only thing but he wants to drop it completely so its not a problem. The other day we asked him "what do you need to do hermano to prepare for the day when we will all be judged?" and he was like "well i need to stop drinking coffee" hahah thats a first that someone actually really understood the importance to drop that. He is so great and he loves church. Also this week the familia posadas went to church again. I wasnt actually sure if they were going to go. I dont think they are going to end up getting baptized before i leave but iknow one day they will. They just have sooo many questions and they just want to be sure. We have some good plans for how we are going to help them with their testimonies. But they are such great people. It is just patience. They are a family super special to me and I know one day they will be baptized. Everything is going super well with my companion hna timoteo. We had some special moments together this week. She is getting really nervous for me to leave and be in charge of the area but i know she´ll do great. This week we had intercambios with the hna leaders and I went with hna murray (who also goes home with me) to her area and hna timoteo stayed here in the area with the other hna leader. She did a great job leading the area. but she is just so cute and im glad to know i have made a difference in helping her. the other day she kind of yelled at me saying "what are you thinking?? you CANT just leave me like this!" hahahahhaa. she is such a sweetie. Anyways all is well Im just feeling so so grateful for all of the blessings the I have received in this last week. We really are so blessed to have this gospel. Love you all so much! Hermana Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment