Sunday, January 11, 2015

Feliz Ano Nuevo

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO! Here comes 2015 and who know what the new year brings. It is so crazy that 2014 is already over, but Im ready to start out the new year working hard. This week I feel like wasnt the most amazing week of success stories and big miracles. But missionary work isnt really always about that. This week during sacrament meeting during the testimonies I was thinking about a quote that mom sent me for Thanksgiving that says. "Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one´s voice." Joseph B Wirthlin There have been so many small simple things to be grateful for this week and that is what I want to share with you all this week. Tuesday during our zone meeting the assistants came to visit and shared a small mormon message video with us about how we have been preparing to be missionaries our whole lives, since before we were born, growing up in the church, and now we are here. To say the least I was definitely in tears just thinking that I have been preparing for this moment for so so long, and now it is coming to an end. I am so grateful for the privilege I have to be a missionary. Also I dont know if i told you this about Cesar (recent convert) last week, but before his baptism he asked us if he had to come to church in white shirt and tie and we told him that little by little he would feel more comfortable and come around to dressing up a little more for church. I didnt think he ever would, but this week he walked into the church building with long white sleeve shirt and tie and nice pants and shoes. I am so grateful just to be able to see the small signs of conversion in a convert. During the week i was able to talk to Hermana Isabel Trejo (my cook in my first area). And just to know how much they still think of me and how much I really miss them. I am so grateful for every person I have met here in the mission that has touched my life. Today during our bus ride Hermana Timoteo was just sharing with me how scared she is for when I leave and how weird she says she is going to feel without me here in the mission. I am so grateful for my companions and especially for the opportunity that I have to train. Really there are sooo many small things to be grateful for. And so this week instead of thinking about why I am stressed or anything I just remembered to be grateful for every little moment. I am so grateful for your support. Today we found out for cambios and me and my comp are staying here in the area as I expected. It is now my last transfer. It is a weird feeling but I hope I can have a great last cambio. Love you all! Hermana Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment