Sunday, November 16, 2014

Carnival is Over

Hello Family! This week went by really quickly! I don´t even know what I have to tell you guys this week... This week was good because we were able to work a little better with the members. The carnival is practically gone now so there isn´t so much going on here in Metapan which I think has made it easier for us to leave with the members. This week wasn´t amazing in success stories, but I feel like me and Hermana Bustos are working hard and so I´m happy with that. We had a lot of people this week committed to come to church this week. 3 different families said they were going to come and that is more than I have ever had in any other time in my mission. Thats something that I love about Metapan is there are a lot of families, unlike my other areas which were more split families or single people. But when Sunday came...we only had the Familia Torres (the family that we had to reschedule their baptismal date....which Im still not exactly sure what is going to happen with them). The familia Martinez is a young couple family who said they were going to come but I think they ended up going to Santa Ana..but they are good they always receive us and read what we leave them to read in the Book of Mormon...I think they are just going to progress a little slower. Also the Familia Rodriguez was going to come with us and when we passed for them Sunday morning they had plans to go but...they said they couldnt go because they didnt have dry clothes and the clothes they were wearing were old and worn down and they didnt feel comfortable going like that....ugggh haha. we tried convincing them that it didnt matter if they didnt have anything better to wear. But they say next week they´ll go. We´ll see what happens. The other family that I told you last week Familia Posadas (the older couple) didnt go either. We have only been able to visit them once this week. They maybe are people that have a lot of doubts, but I have hope that they will feel the spirit and especially as they read the book of mormon they will find the answer to the questions they have in their lives. We´ll see if we can get them to go this week to church. On saturday this last week we had a ward activity cleaning the church building and we were outside with the youth cleaning the chairs and it reminded me a lot about when i was janitor at cherry creek elementary hahahaha. but then at night there was a baptism of a little girl in the ward and i had a small spiritual experience. The four of us hermanas sang the primary song "i like to look for rainbows... (i think its really called When I am baptized or something like that)" but it just made me think of my own baptism and to think have big I am now. When we were singing I just looked at the little girl and thought about how crazy it is that 13 years ago i was baptized and now im here as a missionary. To think how that little girl can grow up in the gospel and gain her own personal testimony and maybe one day she´ll be a missionary. I dont know it was really spiritual moment for me to remember my own baptism. Anyways all is really well here for me. Time is flying and Im just enjoying the work. Im excited because this week well tomorrow I get to be comps with hermana garbett for a whole day!! wooo! also i think next pday we might get to go as a district to a tourist site called Montecristo...but im not sure. But anyways thanks so much for all of your support. I love you all so much! Hermana Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment