Thursday, September 26, 2013

Last week in the CCM -- Ready for El Salvador

Thats my favorite line from Llamados a Servir. Called to serve. "Ready, Always Ready" Thats how I feel this week. IM SO READY TO GET TO EL SALVADOR!!!! Really I can´t wait. And it doesn´t even seem real. I can´t believe I really am on my last week here in el CCM. It feels like we just dont ever get to leave this place, but we do. and i do! next week!! Still not quite sure the exact day we leave. They will post it hopefully later today or tomorrow. But i will have the chance to email you before I leave anyways so be looking for that. I am guessing that my flight leaves early tuesday morning, which means we would leave el CCM in the middle of the night on monday, but that is a total guess. So who knows. It really hasnt even hit me yet, but i just cant even express to you how excited I am. Im not even that nervous. Which Im sure i will be feeling nervous when we are actually leaving, but not yet. Sure its gonna be tough, especially with the spanish and all...and considering I probably only have a few normal showers (as in not bucket showers) left to take haha. Its gonna be crazy. Im so excited to get to teach real people and share the gospel with people who really don´t have the truth and for those who are searching for happiness in their lives. Anyways so this last week went by SUPER fast. Like I dont even know what to say it went by so quickly. Oh I guess I could tell you that last weekend I got a little sick. Just a cold. But it really made me realize how hard it is to get sick as a missionary. I was just so tired, and I really didnt sleep well on friday night i think it was. So saturday I woke up exhausted and it just made me realize that as a missionary if you get sick, there isnt much help for ya because you just keep going. I really just wanted to lay in bed all day, but i didnt. I felt mostly better by monday, but i still have a little bit of a runny nose. Once again i love sundays here at the CCM. Probably my favorite day of the week because they are always so inspiring. Elder Delahunty in our branch presidency taught our leadership meeting and he shared a really neat experience that he had at the Salt lake temple. He talks about the temple a lot because his main called here is a temple mission in the Mexico City Temple and then just on sundays he helps in the branches at the CCM. In fact we saw him at the temple today when we went. Speaking of..it was really neat to go again one last time here in Mexico City. It really is such a beautiful temple. AND being our last trip here I was able to understand quite a bit of the spanish, so it was a really great session. I feel like it is going to be so weird to come home and go to a session at the temple in english again haha. but thats not for a long time haha. Anyways back to sunday. Relief Society by Hermana Pratt again was good as always. She spoke on faith and we really looked at Alma 32 of course, but it was a great lesson. Devotional on Sunday was a broadcast by Richard G Scott recorded from the Provo MTC devotionals. Probably the best part of sunday. He talked on prayer and how we need to be completely open in our prayers and talk to our Heavenly Father because he is just waiting to listen to us. Sometime I know in my prayers I dont always express my feeling because I think well Heavenly Father already knows how I´m feeling so I dont really need to tell him. But thats not true. We should be completely honest in our feelings and tell him all of our thoughts. Obviously being a missionary my prayers have gotten a lot more sincere, but it is still something im and trying to improve on. Our Heavenly Father wants to know every detail of our lives, and he wants to help us. Another good thing that happened on Sunday was President Pratt asked me to give the closing prayer for Class with the MTC Presidency. We have Class with the MTC Presidency and the devotionals in the auditorium and it is with all of the English speaking missionaries, so if you sit towards the front you have the chance to get asked to say a prayer...kind of nerve wracking...and so yeah presidente pratt came and sat down next to me and asked if I would say the closing prayer. So I did haha. And afterwards though he was like "beautiful prayer hermana, how many weeks have you been here?" and then he told me my spanish was really good and stuff. Not really a big deal, but it was to me that day because i kind of was feeling down on my spanish that morning or saturday or something so it meant a lot. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday all went by pretty quickly. It POURED rain on tuesday during gym while we were running (probably didnt help my cold) but it was a good memory. Also the streets and sidewalks in the CCM were literally rivers that day. It rains a lot here. like all the time. so yeah sometimes i walk around barefoot so my shoes dont get soaked...but thats only okay here in the CCM because the sidewalks and streets are not dirty and they are safe...haha but i dont think i should do that once i get to el salvador haha. Mom you were asking about my hands...they have been fine since i have been here no problems really and they aren´t dry anymore so i guess the little bit of humidity is good, we´ll see how it is when i get to El Salvador. Also Im sure ive gained weight...we´ve been trying to run and work out during gym (also my stomach hasnt been hurting after i run so thats good)...but i eat lots of snack here since im just sitting in the classroom all day..oops. Oh tuesday night is devotional night so we listened to a mtc broadcast talk by elder bednar. He talked about how to get the most out of general conference. It was a really great talk and something that he said was when taking notes on conference make sure to not write down just what the speaker is saying, but write down what you are thinking. Because you can always go back and look at their words and plus if you just write down their words it doesnt mean anything to you. Anyways after devotional we always have district devotional review with our district which is always good. And THEN to end the night we did a little gift exchange since its our last week here and it was hilarious! i would tell you the gifts but they wouldnt really make sense. We all just bought stupid small gifts from the little store but it was so funny. Sorry I dont really ever say much about our fake investigator lessons we teach. We have three investigators and we rotate teaching them. The lessons go well, and I know our teachers are acting like those people acted when they taught them...but its hard and just isnt the same as it will be teaching real people. But my spanish is the best during the lessons, compared to just when we talk outside of the lessons, so thats good i guess. Sorry I dont feel like I have much to write, but we do the same thing here every day so I dont have much, especially when the week felt like I went by so quickly. Mom of course i wear your dressed you made me! They are so comfy and i´ll probably wear them even more in El Salvador...its actually sometimes kinda cold here in Mexico. Hope parent teacher conferences go well for you tonight and i hope the primary program goes well for you this week! Also I am so glad you guys got my letters in the mail. Dad Im glad to hear that you get to golf again. im sure you have been dying to do that. Also Im glad you could understand my spanish in my letter. I know i messed up on accents marks cause im not used to writing them..but oh well sounds like I didnt do too bad. Um for the Jesus the Christ book I want to be able to make marks in it...so if you want to give me the one you used on your mission if you dont care that i make marks in it then i dont care, or you can get me a new one. up to you! Dont worry about sending the CD i´ll just read it. Im glad work is going well for you too. Are you just having a lot of 7-11 calls? or are you working on a church right now too? Grandma I LOVE YOUR EMAILS! seriously they make my day every time. Im always laughing when I read your emails because I can just hear you saying it to me. I miss and love you! Well tonight our Hermana teachers are giving our district a special treat and bringing us tacos from the outside world!! Cause like i love the food here...but it is cafeteria food..so we wanted real food from outside the walls of the CCM, so they are making us tacos tonight. I figure we wont get sick right? hopefully not. hahaha i trust our teachers. but yeah we are having a little fiesta tomorrow we have what is called "In Field Orientation" which is all day long...and i have heard it is quite boring. It is for all the missionaries who are leaving the CCM. So we´ll see how that goes..but at least it is a change of pace and getting out of the classroom. Then Saturday will be a normal day. Then Sunday will be another lovely sunday. Its fast sunday since General Conference is the next week. Then the other hermanas in our district leave in the middle of the night on sunday (they already know when they leave because they are going back to the US) so we will have to say goodbye to them so that will be hard. Then I am guessing monday we will have classes and we´ll have time to pack and thats probably when you´ll get another email from me. This is all the plan if I am leaving tuesday, but like I said im not quite sure yet. Then the elders in our district all leave wednesday. so yep only a few more days! Thats basically all! I am so ready to get to El Salvador and serve! Love you all so much Hermana Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment